DIY tattoo removal?

ok, I went to a party, got drunk and woke up with a stupid little tattoo on my arm. I really want to get rid of it, but I am a broke student. The idiot who did it says it is a home-made tattoo, done with india ink and a needle. I read that if I tattoo over it with a salt water solution, it will disapear.
Does anyone know some cheap methods of tattoo removal that I can do on my own? I am a college student and $50 is too expensive (reeeealy broke!).

In prison, i knew people who removed their ink with irons, or heated bits of steel. i would not recommend it. Go and have it removed properly.

How irresponsible of those giving the tattoo to begin with. That is very dangerous.
It would also be dangerous for you to do this on your own. It will cost you FAR more if you cause an infection. You need to see a pro.

If it isn't too old yet (i.e.: a day old or something) put a lot of salt and shampoo in a tub full of really hot water and soak it a lot while rubbing it. Make sure the water is always really hot to soften up your skin. It can faint the tattoo or if you're lucky and the ink wasn't put too deep under your skin it can make it so light that it is unnoticeable. But this is nowhere near to certain as everyone's body is different. Otherwise, when you get hold of some money, you can always get a reputable professional to tattoo a good design over it (cover-up).

Maybe that will teach you not to go to parties and drink, and actually focus on your school work so that you can someday become successful.
Your best bet would be either to get the actual removal done, or wait until the tattoo fades out, which could be another good 50 years.
 
Best Retirement Invesments