PCOS & Laser Hair Removal ... anyone have any experience with the 2?

I’ve had 1 visit of laser hair removal. I have lip, chin & cheek hair. It’s been affecting me for 12 yrs. About 5-7 yrs ago I found it was caused by Polycystic Ovarian Disease. The Dr told me it would be 4-5 monthly visits to get rid of all the dark hairs. I go 2 a dermatology office; there’s only 1 Dr. doing the laser 1 day a month. Therefore she is always booked. So when they scheduled me for my 2nd appt it had to be in Dec cuz she’s booked. My 1st appt was in Oct, 2nd appt in Dec, and 3rd appt is in Feb. Actually I had to reschedule my Dec appt cuz I had the flu. Are these gaps in treatment going to cause me 2 need more than 5 visits to get rid of the hair? Should I switch 2 a Dr that fits me in monthly? Does laser removal really get rid of hair totally or just thin it out? I was told cause I have PCOS I'd need periodic follow up visits since PCOS is producing hair growth hormones. I wonder how often I'll have 2 follow-up & if it’s worth the $225.00 a visit if it’s not gonna work.

I've had laser hair removal on my legs, underarms, and bikini! Trust me it totally works!!! I didn't shave my legs for a month and i barely had hair and the hair i did have was very thin! I'm still going through treatments but i definitely see the results!! Whoever is doing your laser though.. sounds kinda naahh.. I would DEF switch!! It doesn't matter if you don't do it every 6-8 weeks..( I do my legs and underarms like all mixed up in time and ive still def seen results) Either way you will get rid of it but having to wait that long in between treatments is kind of rude!! hope that helps!!
I have PCOS but never did laser hair removal or another type of hair removal method called electrolysis. I ended up not doing it because of the costs. I would recommend trying to find a doctor that can schedule you on a monthly basis. My endocrinologist gave me a medication called Aldactone to help control the excess hair growth. This medication is designed to control the hair growth. I'm also looking at getting a product called Vaniqa to try and help slow the growth of the hair down. I may consider consulting a dermatologist about this to get some samples if still available.
If you have more questions for me or would just like to talk feel free to e-mail or IM me off site any time.

Laser Hair Removal is a permanent thing. It ruins the folicle ofthe hair meaning it cant grow back. Leaving long gaps in between visits might mean it take a while longer to get the full effect but it wouldnt make a drastic difference. If you have been unhappy for 12years then yes it is definitley worth the $225.00.
PCOS is very common and there are so many different types, woman can be slightly hairy or fatter or greasy skinned. So dont feel alone if you deicde not to go through will all the treatments.
 
Best Retirement Invesments